Monday, March 31, 2008

Cubs Opener

It's cloudy, windy, rainy and cold. That can only mean one thing, it's time for the Cubs opener.
I am going today with one of my sons. It is always a fun and exciting time, everyone there is filled with hope, unfortunately in the past years, that hope always comes crashing down.
" This could be the year" will be said often today. I think they should easily win their division, but after that it is a question mark. Hopefully we will see a stronger team this year, with a healthy Derek Lee, a new outfielder in Fukadome(excuse the spelling) and maybe Pie, will reach his potential, still waiting for Corey Patterson and Shaun Dunston to reach theirs. Anyway its spring, I think, and its Cubs baseball and its the best game around. At least I know one thing, they are going to be a hell of a lot better than the Cardinals or the White Sox. No question there.

No comments: